Friday, January 23, 2015

The beginning...

I hope everyone had a great start to 2015!  I am still alive...just been over here getting through the holidays, the flu, and teething.  I just wanted to pop in today and reflect a little bit on our journey.

Prom 2004
It was Friday, January 23, 2004 and I had agreed to a date with the somewhat odd fellow(ahem...dragon shirt) from my favorite pizza joint.  I felt obligated to agree to this one date and give him a try being that he had the cajones to ask me out a second time after a brutal rejection the first time he asked.  Hello people, it was Season 10 of ER,  Dr. Carter was in Africa and a helicopter had just fallen on Dr. Romano...and there was no such thing as DVR!

Penchant for kooky hats...
Still can't believe I said "yes."
He took me to dinner, a movie(Along Came Polly), and sledding.  I met all his friends and his entire family on that first date. It was that first kiss that sealed the deal though. Sorry, Mom and Dad I love you now but on that day Dad was the most intimidating person I had ever met. Snow was falling gently and we were saying goodnight in the street in front of his parents house. The light from the street lights was making the snowflakes sparkle. Then he kissed me. The memory reminds me of a snowglobe.  When life shakes us up a bit, I just close my eyes and remember.  It was magic(and it still is)!  A beautiful beginning to a beautiful life together.
June 2009-I do not miss the mustache!


August 2007



And years go by.......








No comments:

Post a Comment